IEC MGMT SUMMIT
Embedded Systems in the IoT Era
The IEC MGMT SUMMIT will take place at EE Live! April 1, 2014 and is a one-day, complimentary, invitation-only program tailored to the needs and interests of the EE Live! Executive and Management Community who are impacted by the evolution of Embedded Systems in the IoT Era.
This exclusive program gathers executives and senior managers for a unique SUMMIT experience comprised of open dialogue on the future of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Individuals on the forefront of IoT creation as well as those looking to capitalize on its opportunities are invited to participate in this off the record discussion.
Program invitations are carefully selected to insure a high-quality SUMMIT providing a balanced perspective spanning the multi-industry IoT value chain.
Be part of a provocative discussion on the impact of IoT on the embedded space and join your peers to:
- Examine what it takes to be competitive in this massive new marketplace where whole new categories of products and services are emerging and the lines between embedded design and software application development are blurring
- Explore the challenges and opportunities for traditional companies and startups alike as everyday products are being transformed into intelligent devices
- Discuss how businesses are addressing risks in the absence of standards within this fragmented market
- Network and interact directly with your peers and senior leadership representing electronic OEMs, semiconductor and electronics manufacturers, and related technology suppliers
- Participate in a guided tour of the EE Live! Expo Show Floor and attend the EETimes ACE Awards reception
Registration is limited to a select number of executives and senior managers and will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis. To RSVP for the program, please click on the registration link below.
April 1, 2014
The Marriott Hotel
San Jose, CA
Registration for the IEC MGMT Summit is complimentary.
Thank you to our sponsors for their support.
Director of Technology,
Office of CTO
VP/GM, New Ventures,
Internet of Things Group, Cisco Systems
Learn more about our speakers
CEO and Co-founder,
Silicon Valley Bureau Chief,
Wireless & Networking, Android, Internet of Things & Medical Designlines
J. Mark Noworolski
Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer,
Executive Program Director,
International Engineering Consortium (IEC)
7:00 am – 3:00 pm
IEC MGMT SUMMIT VIP Registration
9:30 am – 10:30 am
EE Live! Keynote Presentation
CTO and Co-Founder, Barr Group
10:45 am – 11:45 am
IEC MGMT SUMMIT Overview and Opening Session
The Internet of Things (IoT) has the potential for profound impact throughout the electronics industry. The opening session of the IEC MGMT SUMMIT will feature a panel of IoT visionaries in an informal discussion setting. The panelists will share opportunities and challenges they have found in their real world experiences designing and deploying systems for the Internet of Things. The discussion will shine a light across diverse markets – some more, some less mature —and the technologies to address them at levels ranging from hardware nodes, gateways and networks to software and services.
Moderator: Rick Merritt, Silicon Valley Bureau Chief, EE Times; Editor, Wireless & Networking, Android, Internet of Things & Medical Designlines
Speakers: Tom DeMaria, Director of Technology, Office of CTO, GE
Sean Parham, VP/GM, New Ventures, Internet of Things Group, Cisco Systems
Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy, Xively
12 noon – 1:30 pm
IEC MGMT SUMMIT Keynote Luncheon
Speaker: J. Mark Noworolski, CTO, Streetline
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
IEC MGMT SUMMIT Roundtable
The IEC MGMT SUMMIT Roundtable will provide a unique forum for industry stakeholders to gather and openly discuss important market trends, technology advances and business opportunities driven by the dramatic growth of Internet of Things (IoT). Beginning with opening comments from prominent IoT thought leaders to tee up key issues, the roundtable format will engage all of the SUMMIT participants in a discussion of the challenges and opportunities presented by a ubiquitous network of all things electronic. Highlights of the session and insights shared by the participants will be captured and compiled in a report distributed to all SUMMIT registrants following the event.
- A forum for sharing IoT visions among the industry’s key decision makers
- Insights from innovators and thought leaders in IoT infrastructure development and deployment
- Interactive discussion with the industry executives driving the Internet of Things
- Post-event report with highlights from the Roundtable
Sample Roundtable discussion topics include the following:
- From Ethernet to WiFi and cellular to mesh networking, different connection options abound for taking information from the sensing and local embedded processing nodes —with no clear winner in place.
- As their focus shifts from traditional, standalone embedded devices to the design of connected, secure and networked systems that are “always on,” engineers will need to cope with smaller memory footprints, more severe power constraints, and unique security concerns.
- Given the diversity of applications, an even broader ecosystem of software development tools and more layers of software and middleware to connect devices will be required−blurring the traditional roles of the embedded and application developer. Moreover, until standard requirements and technologies emerge, engineers must navigate the vagaries of an ever-changing landscape.
- Service providers and telecoms, too, must cope with the challenges of increased traffic and bandwidth, with the need to modernize an aging infrastructure. The coming boom in the Internet of Things and the steep increase in bandwidth and network traffic will put a massive strain on the current network. Switching will be critical in next generation architectures and network operators have myriad choices, from Carrier Ethernet to Optical Transport Network.
Moderator: Barry Sullivan, Program Development Director, International Engineering Consortium (IEC)
Speakers: Alicia Asin, CEO, Libelium
Robert Shaddock, Executive Vice President and CTO, TE Connectivity
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Roundtable Readout and Closing Remarks
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
EE Live! Expo and IEC MGMT SUMMIT Tour